READER'S GUIDE: THE HUNGER
1. Why do you think Beatrix really left Stephan?
2. What hold
did Asharti have over Beatrix?
3. Nature or nurture? What made Asharti
the way she was in your opinion?
4. What was Stephan’s plan for his two
protégés? Where did his plan go wrong?
5. At the end, why didn’t Stephan
tell Beatrix how he felt about her?
6. Define second innocence. Who in
real life was a proponent of this concept?
7. What made John Constable
and J.M.W. Turner different from other painters of their day?
8. Why did the British use dismasted ships to imprsion
criminals and prisoners of war?
9. Why is John attracted to Beatrix?
10. How would it feel to live forever? Why is that a mixed blessing?
What did John have to learn in order to embrace his new nature?
did Beatrix have to learn in order to avoid having to immur herself in Mirso Monastery?
13. Why is the concept of Mirso Monastery comforting to the vampire world?
14. Why are made vampires a threat to vampire society?
15. Which character
do you think the next book should be about?